Sunday, October 21, 2012

C4T #2 Summary

C4T Assignment 2

Over the past few weeks, I have been reading blog post by Aviva Dunsinger. She does not have a Twitter account at this time. According to Aviva, her blog is a "Primary blog for the 21st century."

The first post I commented on was called "The BIG 'Little' Things." In this blog post, Aviva talked about the end of the school year with her class. She moved up to sixth grade this year and into a new classroom. Throughout her blog entry, it was evident that she was going to really miss her class from that school year. Her entry focused on the "little" things her students had done throughout the school year that had a big impact on her life and career as a teacher.

Here is the comment I left for Aviva:

Hi! My name is Amy Archer. I am a student at The University of South Alabama, and I am currently taking Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. In our class we are learning to comment on the blogs of teachers, children, and our classmates. I was very excited when I saw your blog post on the “little (big) things.”
I have always believed that it is the small things in life that matter the most, so this post really caught my attention.

However, I am not a teacher yet, but I am working through my classes daily in order to obtain a degree in Elementary Education. I have never had a class of my own, but I have tutored numerous amounts of students in the past.
I can recall many students that I tutored who inspired me to keep pushing toward my goal of becoming a teacher. The one student that inspired me the most was a sixth grade student named Laquisha. She stayed after school for tutoring on Wednesday afternoons. She is so precious, and no matter how many times it took her to solve a math problem she kept trying. Her determination showed her true character. She inspired me to always believe in the students I teach.


I love that your students are working together, excited about learning, and learning from each other in your classroom. I know that it had to be tough switching grades and classrooms this school year. How did your switch go? Are you enjoying your new classroom?


Amy Archer

Aviva has not added a new blog entry since I made my first comment, so my second comment was on an older blog post. In this blog entry, Mrs. Aviva talked about a math lesson she created for her students. She had her students determine how many times she would need to cut her cake in order to serve one slice to a certain number of people. She challenged her students to come up with two different answers.

She uploaded videos of her students discussion about how they got their answer. Each student explained their answer in a picture, words, or numbers. It was neat to see how every child answered differently because they thought out the problem differently.

This is the second comment I left Mrs. Aviva:

Hi! My name is Amy Archer. I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am a Junior and I am trying to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I LOVED your blog post! You are very creative, and you are doing a fabulous job at getting your children hooked on discovering the solution themselves.

I love that you challenge your students to find the right answer and explain it using picture, word, and numbers. This gets them to think outside the box, and they truly discover what they believe to be the correct answer.

I hope to be as good of a teacher as you some day!

Amy Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment