Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4K November Summary

C4K #7

The seventh students' blog that I was required to comment on was not actually a blog of a student, but instead it was a blog of Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santolli. Both professors spent two weeks in Ireland and posted every day of their trip. The post that I was required to comment on was a picture of the "Irish Blessing". This really spoke to me because I visited Ireland as Freshman in high school with my choral group. We actually sang this song in the chapels of Ireland. It is a beautiful and heart spoken work of art.

Here is the comment I left the professors:

Dr. Santolli and Dr. Vitulli,
I am a student in EDM 310 and in EDU 301 (with Dr. Vitulli) at The University of South Alabama. I love this post about the Irish Blessing. I had the chance to travel through Ireland as a Freshman in high school. I actually went because it was a field trip for my chorus class.
I am thrilled that you posted the Irish Blessing because this is actually one of the songs that we sang in the cathedrals of Ireland. If you have not had the chance to listen to music in one of their chapels yet, you need to before you leave! What you will hear will take your breath away.
I know you are having fun!
P.S. -Dr. Vitulli, I can't wait to hear all about it in class!
Thanks,
Amy Archer

C4K #8

The eighth students' blog post that I was assigned to comment on was a student in Ms. Spencer Alberta's fifth grade class. Her class is located at school in Canada. The student I was assigned to is referred to as "Magnificent Marty" on the blog page. Marty's post was written on the Canadian Shield.

Here is the comment I left Marty:

Hi Marty!

My name is Amy Archer. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL.

I LOVE your project that you created on The Canadian Shield. Honestly, before checking out your blog, I did not know anything about it. You are lucky to live so close to such a beautiful piece of land!

I can tell that you spent a lot of time working on your assignment. You need to give yourself a pat on the back. It is outstanding that you are so motivated at such a young age. Keep up all your hard work, and stay in school!

Sincerely,

Amy Archer

C4K #9

The ninth students' blog post that I was assigned to comment on in is in Mr. Seliskar's fourth grade class. The student's name is Diego D. His blog post describes his sister and how much he loves her.

Here is the comment that I left Diego:

Hi Diego!
My name is Amy Archer. I am a student at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am currently in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class.
I am super excited to see that your class is blogging! I believe it is a great aspect to learning. Your blog post was very descriptive, and I loved reading about your sister.
I have to say, I also love watching Dora. It is one of my favorite educational television shows. You seem to be a great big brother, and I can tell that you love your sister very much.
Keep up the good work and continue blogging! :)
Amy Archer

C4K #10

The tenth students' blog post that I had to comment on was from a student in Mr. Cometti's World History class. He teaches at Robertsdale High School. Natalie is the name of the student that wrote the blog I commented on.

In Natalie's blog post, she discussed the French Revolution in detail. I could tell that she spent a lot of time writing this post because she transitioned through each aspect of the French Revolution. She also summarized each main point very well and briefly. She gave readers enough information to teach them about the French Revolution and not too much information in order to prevent boring them to death.

Here is the comment that I left Natalie:

Natalie,


Hi! My name is Amy Archer. I am a student at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am currently taking Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class this semester. I loved reading your blog post!


You explained The French Revolution in detail, and you summarized this event very clearly. Keep up the diligent work in your blog! You are a fabulous writer, and I know you will go far in life!
Have a great week! 


Amy Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment