Sunday, December 2, 2012

Final PLN Summary

PLN Summary

This time for my PLN summary, I decided to switch things up a little bit to give a representation of my network has grown over the past few weeks. At the beginning of the semester, Dr. Strange introduced me to many technological resources. Of course, I checked them out, but honestly, I forget many of the resources he had shown us if I wasn't already using it on a daily basis.

With that being said, I already used Twitter, Facebook, Google, Blogger, Instagram, SnapChat, and many other technological resources on a daily basis for my personal life and school. Over these past few weeks though, I have learned to broaden theses resources. I now use my Delicious account to save important webpage links that I come across. I discovered that Safari allows users to put "Add to Delicious" as a link to the top of their browser. When I realized this aspect to Delicious I started using it a LOT more.
Add to Delicious


Another aspect of my personal network that I developed was my YouTube account. Ever since I learned from Carly Pugh that YouTube allows you to create your own playlists, I have been adding videos I come across that interest me academically or socially to playlist. This has helped me to organize information that I can use in the future.

Kangaroo from Groopt


For those of you who do not know there is a new social network called Groopt. As a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, I have recently added this network in my personal learning network because we have to use our Groopt account on a daily basis. It includes an online data base where we can leave comments and post similar to Facebook, has a calendar of event, and links to documents that we can upload.

These are only a few of the new additions that I have made to my PLN. Others include Google Docs, Skype, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal, Pic Stitch, iTunes U, iHeart Radio, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment